Words of Advice: ALWAYS make a reservation if you can, especially if you have a busy two year old. We were seated right away, while I overheard other guests having a 30-40 minute wait time. Although we didn't get the "best waterfront dining" that they are known for, I won't complain.
First things first...beer. And oysters. You can't go to an Oyster Bar and not have oysters. If you know me, you know I looooove them. Oh! Clam Chowder. After all, we are at Sam's Chowder House. We went with The New England.
Okay, so the menu is a little pricey, and I wanted to try a little bit of everything so me and the husband decided we would share their famous Lobster Roll. I know, I know, I already had one but I wanted him to try it and I wanted to have it again! It was still just as good as I remember.
This place has received a bunch of awards for their food and dining experience, so I really don't have to say much more. It met my expectations and then some. I definitely want to go back in the summer time, sit outside, eat as many oysters as I can afford and take in the gorgeous views.
Landon was dying to see the water, so after we finished up we took a short walk down to the shore. We walked around and let Landon explore. He's so observant and pointed out everything he saw, birds, doggies, fishies (seaweed) and of course, the water. The last time we took him to the beach, he wasn't a fan. At all. Probably because he got to keep his shoes on and run up and down the shore made it more exciting.
So just for a few short hours, we were able to escape to this pleasant beach town, eat great food and let the little man run wild. it's funny how once you become a parent, your idea of "fun" might change but it's so much better! Watching Landon experience new things and have a good time is what it's all about.
It was a Sunday well spent, indeed.
It was a Sunday well spent, indeed.





This is so adorable! I'm glad you guys had a good time! Love Half Moon Bay! :)
ReplyDelete