Monday, April 20, 2015

My Happy Place: Lake Chabot Regional Park

Lake Chabot is easily one of my favorite places. My family and I make a point to come here every weekend, whether it's for a quick run or a leisurely stroll, we load up our Bob Stroller and hit the trails. This park is practically in my backyard and a short 5 min from my home. We always park on Lake Chabot Road to avoid a parking fee, which is $5 and $2 for dog entry.


We usually take advantage of the trails by running or hiking. After we are done we hang out for a few and let me son run wild. The park is always busy, so I particularly like to people watch. One of these days, I'd like to host a BBQ as they have a ton of pits and picnic tables. There is plenty of shade but make sure to pack sunscreen because it get's hot!


Of course there is a lake, which I have to admit I have not gone near. I see folks with their fishing and paddle boats, but recently there has been a "presence of blue-green algae" that's killing dogs so it's best that we just stay away. Plus, swimming is not allowed, so there's no fun in that!


Lake Chabot is beautiful and I consider it quite a gem of the Bay Area. It's just another reason why I'm so lucky to live here. 


1 comment: